It’s wonderful to have a wedding day guest book full of congratulatory messages and memories from guests, but how about mixing it up a little with these alternative ideas to the classic traditional book? These ideas will get guests chatting and mingling at the start of your reception so without further ado feast your eyes on these 15 fabulous and unique wedding guest book ideas to get you and your guests inspired.
1. Give the guest book a digital twist and make it part of your wedding day’s entertainment in its own right. This Digital Surface allows guests to scribble, doodle and create their own personal messages of congratulations and be as imaginative as they like. Best of all, guests contributions can be turned into a book after the event and reproduced for family members and in-laws.
[ image: maketheirday.co.uk / Sternberg Clarke ]
2.Instead of a formal guestbook have a ‘postcard washing line’. Guests pick a postcard and write their messages to you on the back, before pegging them to the line.
[ image: Joseph Hall / rockmywedding.co.uk]
3. Have your guests choose a postcard and write a message on the back. Then after your honeymoon display the postcards in an album or frame them on the wall. A lovely idea and keepsake!
[ image: S6 Photography / rockmywedding.co.uk]
5. Have your guests sign river rocks instead of a guest book and you’ll have something you can display in your home for years.
[ image: ruffledblog.com ]
6. Create a quilt and have your guests sign or illustrate different squares.
[ image: theplungeproject.com ]
7. A birthday calendar guestbook is such a good idea – that way you already have everyones birthdays from both sides to start your new life.
[ image: anon ]
8. Swap the guest book for a pair of wooden skis (or a record, guitar, hockey stick — you name it – anything personal to you both) that you can later display in your home.
[ image: theknot.com ]
10. If you love to travel how about having a globe as a guestbook?
[ image: luxurweddingsnevents.com ]
12. An adorable guestbook idea is to glue mini envelopes into a book and let guests write you tiny letters. This would also work well with photo booth pics too.
[ image: bridesmagazine.co.uk ]
14. Have your guests sign individual jigsaw pieces for future use. Such a cute idea and could even work well framed!
15. A surf board can double up as ’guest book’ for water sport lovers
[ image: Signature Events ]
Have you seen any other fabulous ideas? Or did you do something creative for your own wedding guestbook? Let me know in the comments section below!